I am Evelyn, the founder of LifestyleCPA and I will personally like to welcome you to this website. I am a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who specializes in lifestyle entrepreneurship.
I teach 5 levels of lifestyle entrepreneurship and use timeless accounting principles to take lifestyle entrepreneurs through these levels. The goal of most life style entrepreneurs is to be financially free and LifestyleCPA shows lifestyle entrepreneurs how to do just that.
Our mission is to help others achieve their dreams, vision and goals in the most cost effective and productive way.
What is lifestyle entrepreneurship?
Lifestyle entrepreneurship is a brand of entrepreneurship where entrepreneurs design the lifestyle they want and then a business to support it. It is a growing brand of entrepreneurship. Not everyone goes into business to be the next Google or Facebook. Sometimes, people just want a thriving business that supports their lifestyle.
At lifestyle CPA, I show you how to:
- Build the solid financial basis you need to build a strong business
- Design your operations for growth
This website is right for you if:
- You want to learn how build a lifestyle business that will outlive you
- You want to start a business you can control rather than the business controlling you
- You have been running a business but never seem able to get over your financial “hump”
- You need to learn the stages of business growth and how you can pace yourself to grow successfully over time
- You are self-employed/ freelancer/ consultant and need to learn how to build systems to become a business owner
This website is not for you if:
- You are looking to become a startup entrepreneur – I am sorry I do not teach you how to raise capital to start a high capital intensive business.
- You are looking to get rich quick
- Looking for marketing strategies – I do discuss the marketing as it relates to accounting but I do not help you develop marketing strategies.
Building a Solid Financial System
The ABCD’s of a solid financial system
The journey from idea to financial independence is never an easy one. It is filled with lots of uncertainties, difficult decisions, impossible paths, etc. While having a financial system will not prevent adversities from affecting your business, it will give you a more solid anchor in handling the adverse events that come your way.
Lifestyle CPA takes you on a journey on how to build a system right from the creative phase of growth to the optimized phase. Once your system is optimized, you as a lifestyle entrepreneur can walk away and still make a good living to live the lifestyle you want. If you refuse to build a financial system, your lifestyle business will surely but slowly dissipate. Businesses rarely crumble in a day but slowly and surely overtime, bad decisions eventually catch up: choosing to do nothing is one of the worst decisions you can choose to make. Learn to build systems around your ideas so you can become truly financial independent. Any business that is going to survive the long haul must have a financial system. A financial system affects every area of the business, and works hand in hand with the marketing and operational system.
The ABCD’s of a solid financial system are as follows:
A – Mapping system i.e. an overall strategy
- Define your business purpose: a business purpose fuels every part of a business. Without a clearly defined purpose, a business might as well not exist. A purpose is the filter that clarifies what opportunities to accept and which ones to reject.
B – The budget
- Define your revenue generation system: any business that is going to survive needs customers and needs a system to reach and maintain them (marketing).
- Define your cost structure
- Address cash management issues
C - An accounting information systems
- Generate regular financial reports
- Understand basic accounting principles
- Understand your financial statements
- Compare financial statements to budgets
D – Optimization
- Develop your internal business processes: this is the system that governs the day to day running of the business. It is the vehicle through which the system carries out its purpose. Internal business systems are mostly driven by external forces and as a business owner your choices are to comply, improve or die. As a lifestyle entrepreneur you face the pressures of meeting consumers’ needs, changes in the economic and legal environment, etc. These external changes force entrepreneurs to continuously improve.
- Develop metrics to monitor set goals: Metrics are the first indicator that something is wrong. When a metric does not give the expected results, investigations will need to be conducted to find out the cause.
Building a solid financial system
If you want to learn how to build your lifestyle business with strong financial basis then you have come to the right place.
Places to visit